Proactive Adult Dog Consultation
This is a personalized and targeted approach to ensure that your healthy (has normal stool, skin and coat and is at his/her ideal weight without a history of any health concerns) dog’s diet not only meets his/her nutritional requirements, but also takes into account: breed(s) predisposition, lifestage – ie diets for dogs entering their senior years differ from those dogs in early adulthood. Activity/lifestyle – whether your dog is an athlete, show dog or prefers a quieter life on the couch, their diet should reflect their lifestyle.
A healthy dog has normal stool, skin and coat and is at his/her ideal weight without a history of any health concerns.
Do healthy dogs really need targeted nutrition – isn’t that only important for sick dogs? Balanced and targeted nutrition has made significant positive changes in dogs with health concerns - imagine what it can do when used proactively! We formulate cooked, raw or combination diets and believe that proactive nutrition is vital for optimal health. Feeding your dog proactively gives them the best chance at circumventing diseases that seem to come with “old age” or that are associated with their breed(s).
We take a personalized and targeted approach to ensure that your healthy dog’s diet not only meets his/her nutritional requirements, but also takes into account:
• Breed predisposition – pancreatitis, uroliths, cancer, etc.
• Age / Lifestage – ie diets for dogs entering their senior years differ from those dogs in early adulthood.
• Activity/Lifestyle – whether your dog is an athlete, show dog or prefers a quieter life on the couch, their diet should reflect their lifestyle.
• We work with you for one month to ensure that foods and supplements (if needed) are well tolerated.
• In our experience, pet parents who are new to home made diets value concise instruction with fewer ingredients. Well formulated, nutrient dense diets do not need long lists of ingredients to be balanced.
• For experienced fresh food feeders who prefer a balance-over-time approach (but want peace of mind the diet is truly balanced) we're happy to formulate a diet that suits your needs and schedule best i.e. we can balance over one or two weeks to one month, and use more variety, if that is preferred.
•This consultation is a good option for anyone already feeding DIY but who want peace of mind the diet is balanced.
• Not ready to do 100% homemade but want to feed some fresh foods? Clients who tell us this when ordering the consultation have the option of feeding commercial raw or kibble up to 50% of the time and homemade the rest of the time. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Perhaps one meal of commercial kibble or raw and one fresh food meal works better for your busy schedule.
This proactive consultation includes:
• Raw or cooked recipe
• Written instructions on how to transition to the diet and supplements
• One month of support
*The time frame for our waiting list changes weekly. Current waiting list is 2 weeks from the time we receive complete replies to the intake questionnaire you will receive.
A $50 fee is applicable if a client cancels the order prior to the diet formulation being done. Cancellation of consultations less than 48 hours after the start of formulating a diet has been done will be considered a diet formulation and charged $100 accordingly. Cancellations after that time frame are not refundable.
RecommendationsThis consultation is at the top tier of tools to help keep your dog healthy. Every dog deserves this approach.