These can be fed as:
1. Regular treats for healthy dogs.
2. Pill Pockets – because they’re stinky, they can make hiding pills easier.
3. Treats for dogs with cancer (although, we recommend fresh sardines vs canned sardines for dogs with mast cell tumors due to the higher histamine content in canned fish).
- 2 cans sardines with bones, packed in water, drained (170 grams drained weight)
- 2 TBS finely chopped raw broccoli
- 1 large egg, beaten
Combine all ingredients. Wait 10 minutes before shaping in to 28 small meatballs (about the size of a quarter)
Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten them a little.
Poke a tiny indent if you want to use them as pill pockets.
Bake in preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes or until fairly firm. They will harden a little as they cool.
Each of the 28 treats is 12 calories.
WARNING: These treats stink while in the oven, but Hudson was beside himself and offers every trick he knows.